Tuesday 14 February 2012

The Male's Perspective - Does it really matter?

     I was curious about what the male's perspective was on athlete pregnancies.  It is more out of interest, because I don't think their opinions really matter.  I mean consider the differences - they are not the ones who have to watch their bodies change, they do not have to try extra hard to get their bodies back into shape nor do they have to prove their athletic abilities once more, they do not have to risk losing their college/university aspirations or risk their career - so why does their opinion really matter.  But now just imagine if males did get pregnant - like on the right, David Beckham.  Maybe we should care about their opinions.  So I talked with a few male athletes to get their perspective on the whole situation.  I was even ready put him in the scenarios of "what if" situations - like what if your girlfriend got pregnant in high school… in college… or during your professional career.  I was prepared to questions about equity and equality.  So if you would like to hear these males responses please listen to the attached audio file to get the male's perspective on female athlete pregnancy.




UPDATE: The male athletes chickened out - Sorry to all those readers who were interested in listening to this podcast - you weren't the only ones. I guess I was right when I said the first time, does the male's opinion really matter!



No comments:

Post a Comment